ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / RECEPTIONIST
Brooklyn Ballet School is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant/Receptionist who will be the first point of contact for all of our clients and guests upon arrival. Reporting to the School Director, the candidate should be an experienced administrator/receptionist who is a dedicated, reliable, adaptable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and a quick learner. The person in this position maintains a professional manner at all times and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. The administrative assistant/receptionist is responsible for maintaining the school policy, organizing rentals, issuing invoices, registering clients, organizing volunteers, maintaining office security and cleanliness, fielding visitor admission by following established health and safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk. Interacting with children, parents, dance faculty and the downtown Brooklyn community, the administrative assistant/receptionist will have superb interpersonal skills, a welcoming manner and be sensitive and adaptable to our diverse and dynamic clientele. Ideally, a person in this position should be knowledgeable of Brooklyn Ballet School, Elevate Outreach Program, Take Ballet to the Streets and the Brooklyn Ballet Company.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining a friendly, helpful and professional manner at all times
• Working closely with the School Director to instill clear and effective communication with staff, faculty, parents, students, renters, volunteers and guests
• Processing school registrations through Mindbody online management software
• Collecting tuition payments and invoicing clientele and renters
• Responding to rental inquiries, organizing rental tutorials and contracts and updating rental calendar
• Taking student attendance daily and ensuring school policies and protocol
• Promptly answering phone and email messages and in-person queries about programs and classes and relaying pertinent messages to the School Director and staff members
• Maintaining clean and orderly waiting area; refilling school documents and schedules as needed
• Ordering and restocking office supplies
• Organizing hard-copy and electronic files
• Sending invoices to renters
• Assisting School Director with performances and events
• Assisting School Director with bookkeeping and data collection
• Updating staff Google calendar
• Assisting with social media management and marketing
• Processing ticket sales for performances
• Taking Notes during Staff Meetings
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with people of different ages and backgrounds
• Professional and friendly demeanor and attentiveness to detail
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiastic and passionate about dance education
• Proficient in Mindbody, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel; email, internet and social networks
• Fluent in Spanish is a plus!
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with arts administration, clerical/reception work and dance education experience
• Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues that may arise in the running of an efficient front office
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of arts administration, clerical/reception and dance education experience
Benefits: Brooklyn Ballet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Job Type: Part-time (25-30 hours per week) Must be available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday afternoons/evenings with weekend availability on Saturday and Sunday afternoons/evenings
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
Please email Mary Ellen Beaudreau, Director of Brooklyn Ballet School, firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume and a Cover Letter attached in PDF format. Please type “School Administrative Assistant/Receptionist” in the subject line. We do not accept phone inquiries.
Brooklyn Ballet is currently seeking substitute dance instructors. We are looking for educators with experience teaching Ballet, Pointe, Pre-Ballet, or Modern Dance. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Brooklyn Ballet has immediate opportunities for work-study. Dancers may take adult classes for free in exchange for a set number of hours of administrative work per week. Work-study students will greet people as they arrive for class, answer phones, keep the lobby tidy, help with the dance school and perform various administrative tasks.
If you would like to sign up for work-study with Brooklyn Ballet, send an email with a cover letter and one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved with Brooklyn Ballet! Volunteer for school programs or Company events by calling 718-246-0146 or sending an email to email@example.com.